[StBernard] Modular Homes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 16 18:34:59 EST 2005

Do you honestly think these "modular homes" will stand up to a cat 4
or 5
hurricane next year?

Jenny

My mother lives in a palm harbor, it's sturdy like a house, and she is in
Mississippi. The only damage she suffered was earth washing away and making
the trailer unlevel, which forced the top to pull apart, and the walls to
crack down the middle. She is trying to fix it now. However considering the
damage that came through here that i see everyday, her home had barely
nothing wrong with it...she didnt even lose a shingle. I don't know why they
are being called modular homes though...they are trailers...double wide
maybe...but still trailers. Nice one's I can take some pictures of her's if
it helps. Supposed to be the strongest trailers made, BUT still trailers.

Bianca