[StBernard] reconstruction of levees

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 16 21:20:45 EST 2005

Correcto Mundo, Tracie..

There always have had a phrase coined: "the forgotten few".

Now, you can rest assure that there is "a forgotten ONE" and we know which
parish can best be chosen for that rotten apple.

I hope I'm wrong, but unless someone from the parish REALLY steps up to the
plate, gets chosen for national exposure on everyone's TV, in every session
of Congress, in every tabloid, mag, news articles or TV news feature, you
can bet St. Bernard will be given the "sewer" of the year report each and
every year we're up for progress.

With so many uncertainties looming over our heads like the headman's ax, how
can anyone ever expect St. Bernard to be the Phoenix rising from its ashes.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing everyone outside our world saying:
"I'm so sorry, or "oh, how aweful" etc.. That I wanna regurgitate!!

I don't want their sympathy, or the government's excuses (local --> National
ones) about empty promises. I want their money, their physical support for
our causes,--

..in other words I want action. Not next decade, nor even 3 years. I wish to
see something done in the immediate future to give me and my hopeless
friends the *hope* that they deserve to plan their lives.

Let's just use an illustration where our nation is a mother cat. The
children (kittens) are its states. We are but one sibling who is being
shunned by its mother while the other kittens suckle at their mother's
teets.

If a nation forgets that we too need nourishment for our lives to continue
past this horrific drama that has unfolded and is development into a Freddie
Krueger nightmare, then its conscience has left its being and we're in for
quite a future in St. Bernard Parish. Mark my words, well...

Jer