[StBernard] QUESTION FOR CRAIG TAFFARO_PLEASE REPLY

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 23 23:45:54 EST 2005

My wife Debbie and I are trying to return to our home on Jean Lafitte
Pkwy / Bucc. So.

We have been on the trailer list since early on / the yard has been
marked and the sewer found / FEMA rep came weeks ago and said he would
OK for delivery as we have water and a generator.

Trailer people at the disaster tent tell us that we are in the system.

We're living in Baton Rouge and I work in a business park in St. Rose
near the airport. Seems like every 2nd or 3rd driveway in Kenner is
filled with a trailer and all the hook-ups and people getting on with
their lives.

We've been HOME nearly every weekend since we could get back in and are
pecking away at the mess.

We're told that with five adults (1 handicapped / handicapped friendly
trailer promised) that 2 trailers are coming.

Question is "Where are they?"
When are they coming and what's holding up the delivery to a private
address?
What can we do on our end or the Parish do to get these trailers
delivered so that we can have a place to stay while we are reclaiming
and rebuilding.

There is no comparison of the damage to St. Bernard and to Jefferson.
But we are being left in the dust when it comes to getting our people
back to where they can do something for themselves to recover.

Debbie and I are both Realtors w/ PRUDENTIAL GARDNER and plan on
resuming practice as soon as possible but we need a place to stay in St.
Bernard until then.

David Hamburger
504-487-1689
dhamburg at bellsouth.net