[StBernard] INSURANCE

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jan 9 22:45:23 EST 2006

Yes, they are breaching LA Title 22 Insurance code Chapter 1. General
Provisions Part XIV R.S 22:658 Paragraph 3: "Except in the case of
catastrophic loss the insurer shall initiate loss adjustemtn of a property
damage claim and of a claim for reasonable medical expences within fourteen
days, after notification of loss by the claimant. In the case of
catastrophic loss (that would be us) the insurer shall initiate loss
adjustment of a property damage claim within 30 days after notification of
loss by the claimant. Failure to comply with these provisions of this
Paragraph shall subject the insurer to the penalities provided in R.S.
22-1220" which I don't know what that is, because my insurance company paid
me in 45 days a measly 8,000 and am now onto frying bigger fish, like the
Army Corps. The LA Dept of Insurance wrote back that my claim was inspected
and there was a payment issued; I know that, that wasn't the point, but I
don't have time to pursue that now! I will get back to them later. Here's
the phone number if you want to give it a whirl: 225-342-5900 Good luck,
Mudpie