[StBernard] Atmos Gas Service

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 10 21:25:23 EST 2006

I received a phone call today from Atmos. The customer service rep
said my email was forwarded to her. She said Atmos is diligently
working the areas between Judge Perez and St. Bernard Hwy in Arabi,
Chalmette, and Meraux, at this time. She said that their time frame for
restoring gas service to all the residential areas depends upon the
requests for service. I told her that she probably isn't getting
requests because of Atmos initially telling the parish it would take a
year or two. She said that the fastest way to get your neighborhood
restored for gas service is for the homeowners to call Atmos customer
service at 504-849-4300 and request gas service. You will need your
licensed plumber to file a permit to turn on the gas service at your
home once the lines have been repaired.

Okay, so if you want gas service repaired in your neighborhood because
you are repairing your home now, call the above number and tell them
how soon you plan to be back home. They do not want to lose their
residential customers and understand that if the gas service isn't
there when the resident returns, once the appliances are bought, they
lost the customer for a long time. She said they may have sections that
have demand back in service as early as May-July timeframe.

I told her that Corinne Estates is already underway with restoration
and to expect to receive request phone calls from the 3500 to 3800
blocks of Corinne Avenue.

Deborah Keller