[StBernard] Questions for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 21 18:37:38 EST 2006

John,

I'm not an attorney nor an insurance guy, but my bet is that slab or not, if
someone gets hurt on your property, you are liable. Even if they had no
reason to be on your property. At least that is what their attorney is
going to claim.

Besides an attorney, you should also talk to an insurance agent. With no
structure on the property, insurance should be cheap, especially if only for
liability issues. It may even be possible, and perhaps more in your favor,
to purchase an umbrella policy that cover not only that property but any
other areas that you may not currently have coverage.

Westley