[StBernard] Selling my HOME in Chalmette

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 6 21:35:15 EST 2006

Shelli,

There is no law/regulation that says you have to have a structural
inspection done before selling your home. With that said, it is probably in
your best interest to be sure you put in any purchase agreement that you
sign that the house may have suffered structural damage and you are selling
the house as-is. Include as an addendum the parish's report on your
structural soundness.

In a normal world, this should protect you from the buyer coming back to you
should the house fall apart, but I make no promises.

Westley