[StBernard] Murphy Oil Test Results

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 9 18:42:29 EST 2006

"I checked with Murphy Oil regarding test results. Right now they are still
trying to figure out exactly what they can and cannot do in respect to Judge
Fallon's order. Therefore, they are not releasing test results for anyone
who has not opted out of the class-action law suit. This may change in the
future, but not until they have confirmed they are allowed to do
so.--Westley"

**Just "wonderful". . .

Many of us are "forced into a cataclysmic situation within another" --where
we are told we're in a mapped area of an oil spill. However, we've asked for
months to have our property tested for oil/sediment, etc. whereas we'd know
how we stand on the issue. Then we're asked to "opt-out" of a grievance vs.
Murphy so we'd know if Murphy's testing is positive

...but....if we opt out, we're out the class action with no option there to
return, and if we want to press the issue because we're affected, we'd have
to fork out money for additional testing, the parish won't pay in return for
it, and we'd have to get our own personal attorney IF we find oil has
tainted our property.

--what's next? A Swarm of spring termite infestation, sorry decisions,
scorching heat, and a fast approaching hurricane season?

I tell you. I'm ready for a battle whether it be court or downright open
brawling <G>...

Someone once said (Jer-02/08/06), "Don't mess with a Katrina Victim. There
won't be a nice outcome!"

Jer.