[StBernard] Proposal for Discussion

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 9 19:06:42 EST 2006

"The real value of any proposal is the feedback it generates and resolution
that it promotes. We as leaders in this disaster must now move to a new
plain of direction and provide our citizens with direction. Some will be
pleased, others will not, but the future of our parish depends on all of us
doing something now.

The simple alternative is to do nothing and allow the recovery to take its
natural course. My deepest concern is the natural course will lead to the
death of our community. Whatever we will do, we must do now" --Craig T.

***http://www.sbpg.net/taffaro020906.html

It doesn't take extensive foresight to realize this concern. It could appear
as "A little to do about nothing" or "too little, too late" or even, "I
can't get no satisfaction!", but..

...the little hope to the parish is that there ultimately will be a handful
as compared to a truckful in regards to recovery. The support towards the
parish/individuals is miniscule, at best. Although there are a few moments
of brilliance (the best I've heard to date) in your online discussion
proposal, the overall attitude is iffy. The bufferzone from Genie to the 40
arpent is not addressed and IS the dividing line as to what will go back to
green space, and populating the remander of the parish. It's crucial to
survival, and populating what's left in the parish.

If proper funding to replenish some greater portion of people's loss is
uncomplished withing the next 6-9 months, what you anticipate, Craig.. "My
deepest concern is the natural course will lead to the death of our
community." will not only be a concern, it will become a statistic, I fear.
Moving on to recovery is what the parish needs. Whether it be in the Parish
or elsewhere depends upon a few factors: dedication to stay, moving out of
harm's way, necessity to begin a new job/life/family education and
options/revelations/developments which which are yet to be realized, but may
come about from yet undetermined sources (laws, bills, proposals,
accomplishments).

Bravo on the work done!

--Jer.