[StBernard] State Senate Bill 49

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 16 20:27:05 EST 2006

The State version of the Baker Plan was proposed in SB49.

All three St. Bernard legislators voted against it: Sen. Walter Boasso, Rep.
Nita Hutter, and Rep. Ken Odinet.

I guess they are caught up in the same argument, can't let an appointed
board control more money than the state's portion of the state's annual
budget. They simple don't have enough time to work through the details.

Since tomorrow is the last day of the session, legislators claim they are
pressed for time, why are they adjourning at 6:00? For the sake of us lowly
citizens, can they not work a few hours more to get this wrapped up instead
of "saving it" for the regular session?

Oh, that's right, they don't have the same concerns as us. Housing is not
an issue for them. I think we should probably take the entire state and
federal legislatures, dump them all in the MRGO, and blow the levees. Maybe
then they will get an idea of what we are going through.

---

On a side note, for anyone with a Fannie Mae loan still outstanding, they
have placed a moratorium on foreclosures until the end of May. You also
qualify for a forebearance if you are pending an insurance claim, in the
process of rebuilding, process of finding a new job, or process of
relocating.

Westley