[StBernard] Lack of Catholic Pastoral Care

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 3 08:09:39 EST 2006

The Catholic Church in Texas was very generous to my family and friends.
For the most part, we picked up items for other people.

In Texas, the catholic churches have an ongoing assistance program which you
can go to once per week. The one in Pearland supplied us with bedding,
toiletries, clothes, kids toys and other items that helped to get through
the first couple of weeks while living on someone floor.

The catholic churches also each have a St. Gabriel program for parents with
infant children. We were able to pick up two whole sets of baby bed
furniture with dresser and changing station, diapers, bottles, clothes,
formula, etc.... for two expected mothers who lost everything within days of
delivery.

The catholic parishoners in Texas could not donate enough to meet demand and
eventually scaled back the program after about 6 to 8 weeks of non-stop
hustling.

Their effort was and is greatly appreciated.

Kent A. Diaz