[StBernard] Mexicans

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 3 21:31:19 EST 2006

What am I hearing?? The main point is being ignored. It's starting to sound
like my liberal sociology class!!

I have no problem with Mexican-AMERICANS!!! Those that are legal and do hard
work should be commended for helping us in our time of need.

However, MANY are missing the point. Are all of these workers legal, or
illegal? Have they shown you their green card, visa, or AMERICAN Drivers
License?

A couple of days ago I was dragging things out to the curb. MEXICANS drove
by, and I must attest I was concerned a car-full of hispanics stopping with
me by myself, alone in the neighborhood. As I am street-wise, I am tought to
be such if a carload of ANYONE comes up to you as such. These were drumming
up biz-ness for house-gutting. As harmless as they turned out to be, I had
no problem speaking Spanish with them.

HOWEVER, the POINT to all of this is such. I asked them if they had the
following documents, green-cards, visa or AMERICAN drivers licenses and I
was called a "p_ta" (Spanish for a street tramp) and they sped away. I know
that I should have gotten their plate number and called the immigration dept
on them.

I have NO problem (as discussed) with AMERICAN HISPANICS helping, but I do
not want illegals working for me, living in my city or stopping to discuss
business with me. Had they been legal workers, I would have gladly given
them more appropriate greetings and salutations in discussion. I do not care
if they are Italian, French, Russian or African--as long as they are here as
American citizens. I will not support "cross-overs" as U.S. laws prohibit
them as criminals living illegally in our country.

THIS is the point and such is my beef. Yes, we accept everyone who follows
the laws of the us. My ancestors had to follow the law and I'm here to prove
I'm a hard-worker in a land of plenty because of their love of the U.S.,
having earned their way according to a country and state of laws.

-jer-