[StBernard] Insurances and fortunate people

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 3 21:33:42 EST 2006

"I'm sorry if I offend anyone when I say this but it's going the be said."

**Jim, you should be, because by default, Westley usually does not allow us
an opportunity to defend ourselves from personal attacks as yours. Bashing
individuals is your nature, perhaps but it's not mine. I question
governments however, because, as citizens, we expect a higher standard than
those not in the limelight.

:However, ironically, this year I questioned our agent about the amt of

flood we were carrying and shouldn't we carry more. I was assured that we
had plent for the area, we never flooded, etc. Obviously I now reget not
raising the limits. However, the point I'm trying to make is that even if
your ins. agent says it's not needed, think for yourself!"

**Many of us either were told they did not need it or had no idea coverages
were not rising with premiums, or found themselves considerably uninsured
after the storm. I was 80% uninsured. My son was told he didn't need the
coverage, but my wife told him to do so and he did.

"And for you Jerry...please get over state.la.us.stbernard or whatever. As
you said "where I reside..." Why aren't you back in the parish in a FEMA
trailer rebuilding? You constantly bitch, moan and complain, but are you
back? Do you intend to come back to St. Bernard? Exactly... WHAT IS YOUR
AGENDA?"

**Oh, pleeezzzz...My "agenda"? I'll tell the truth as I know it, or perhaps
request those whom I trust in official positions to do the same. If I have
personal views, it's as genuine and my right as it is anyone's to write.
Since when are placing tape on our mouths when discussions are freely passed
about? There are always counter-ideas in dialog. Not everyone should agree
or disagree with me or anyone here. It is a privilege for info and
discussions to flow as long as proper etiquette and manners are followed. It
should not matter if I'm living in St. Bernard or not. I've a place in the
parish as you and believe me, it's not your business to know if I intend to
return or not as it's not my biz to allow you to stay or leave (as is
indeed, again your right). FYI, I couldn't get a trailer (as 80% of the
others could not). Don't you call what you just wrote a little Bitchy? For
the time being, please don't rock da boat. God doesn't like nasty.

There. At least I spoke my peace and wish everyone such.

Jer.