[StBernard] Grant/Buyout Question

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 5 21:32:26 EST 2006

"Anyway, let's get something technically, and more importantly, "legally"
cleared up here....the terms "assessed" value and "market" value (based on
an appraisal) are NOT the same thing. Any tax assessor will tell you
that.Yet, there are some dummies out there (i.e. people with the government
agencies/commissions drawing up "buy out" plans) advocating the use of
"assessed" values as "fair market value" for a buy out plan - when they darn
well know the values are not the same." --John Scurich"

***John, I repect your expertise in the matter, but I beg to differ with
your statement, "the terms "assessed" value and "market" value (based on an
appraisal) are NOT the same thing. Any tax assessor will tell you that."

..You're giving the accessor's office way too much credit. I was in there
the other day, and two of the three ladies couldn't have a clue as to what I
was referring to when I asked about my condition in the matter. (the other
was Marlene which I didn't' bother to ask because she sat and listened to
the other two who couldn't give a straight answer)<G>..

I suppose a "rented pair of monkeys" could have done the job and give
straighter, accurate answers to questions about value, etc. I came away with
less info than what I went in there to acquire.

Thanks for the help. It's the straightest, most useful answers I got thus
far from you, ..and I hardly touched going over the exact problems...

I'll be in touch...

Jer.