[StBernard] telephone

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 9 19:33:08 EST 2006

I was reading the email from DDK regarding the issue of telephone service
from Cox. I wanted to pass my experience with SCB, in the hope that it is
encouraging.

I was scheduled to receive service on June 22nd. To my surprise, this past
Tuesday a representative from South Central Bell (who is also a Chalmette
resident) showed up unexpected and within 30 minutes had changed the box
outside my home and had connected a line for me to the trailer and to one
outlet upstairs. I asked her about the need to change the wire as I had
been instructed and was advised to cut the wire off at the outlet and spread
the wires. The telephone company representative can then test each outlet
and if there are no problems, could install new outlets for $15 each, as
opposed to $100 for each new wire. This also elminates the need for me to
have an electrician perform the work.

I was fortunate to have a Chalmette resident providing service, since she
knew exactly what was going on. She also told me that the dates provided to
us mean little, and that the service teams try to tackle whatever jobs they
can when they are in an area.

I hope that this information is of benefit.