[StBernard] Craig, is this right?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 19 12:09:48 EST 2006

CK,

Your area is more of a redevelopment zone than a true greenspace as
greenspace comes from the hazard mitigation grant program and requires
property to be deed restricted. When hazard mitigation money is used,
insurance benefits are deducted as a matter of required procedure. The key
to the plan that Duany has proposed is what the council asked the LRA to
consider and what we will ask the legislature to consider and that is to not
deduct insurance benefits, at least not 100% from the LRA housing assistance
plan. You are absolutely right, if insurance, even a portion is allowed to
be kept, it makes it much more palatable for people to buy in to a buy out.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig