[StBernard] slab demo

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 4 22:59:32 EDT 2006

Kudos Deborah.

Craig

-----Original Message-----

Let's ring FEMA's phones. Let's start calling and asking for a list of all
contractors who are involved in FEMA debris pickup so we know who not to
call for foundation removal. I'll try tomorrow and see what phone no. they
refer me to or how long it takes to get a reply. Then you can all call that
person.

But wait, FEMA says they don't know about any subcontractors other than the
prime. At least that's what they and the Corps say everytime there's an
article about how the prime gets 90% of the money and the lowest level sub
gets next to nothing.
So either they do know who all the tiers of subs are, or they have no way of
knowing.

I wonder if they even informed the debris subs about this. Seems illegal
that a company that is a fourth level sub getting $6/yd for debris pickup
can't get the big bucks for tearing out a house slab directly for the
homeowner. This is America, right?

Maybe they want all the illegal aliens who are not recorded anywhere with
government to get all the slab demo work.

Deborah Keller