[StBernard] Extreme Makover in St. Bernard to Air Thursday -stop complain...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 13 08:54:46 EDT 2006

Not complaining, just amazed at the irony of the continual
downplaying of
St. Bernard. That flick that went to Sundance Festival was the best
I've
seen so far, and I did actually have a Helen from the BBC contact me
in
October, but never heard from her again nor Oprah nor Geraldo.
Unfortunately, its probably old news by now and am glad for any
publicity we
can get; maybe Mike Brown will be just the ticket! Mudpie

Dear Mudpie & W,
Helen and I worked together for months... and it made for a great showing
for St. Bernard... but I will say from the beginning of EHMO they came in to
produce TV of which they need to have a selling point for everything... even
if it is something small or large they must give credit it is part of
receiving a donation. I wish we lived in an age where everything was
free... but HP I am sure took it as a 5 minute ticket to show off their new
software and technologies... well... as far as I am concerned... good for
them... they came in and produced wonderful results and helped to restore
memories which families treasured! All that matters is in the end we learn
to say thank you and how can we help. In stead of... yadda yadda I didn't
like this part or yadda yadda ... can you believe that...
well I think from now on when TV shows do come to St. Bernard... they should
be welcome with open arms as they also have a job to do but as it stands
right now... we are getting real press from the celebrity Katrina poker game
which has already been mentioned on numerous talk shows such as the View...
and others.... it has yet to air... but they did follow thru with pictures
of the devastation... of St. Bernard... (not New Orleans or 9th Ward) but
St. Bernard!!! and then while trying to attract tourist to the city... in a
kind way also mentioned all of the help the city still needs... So the media
is trying to help this city at least what I am seeing which is not local....