[StBernard] tired of BS from MurphyOIL & Torres cashing in on Parish devestation???

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 28 23:23:40 EDT 2006

We are forming a group of St. Bernard citizens that are tired of all the BS
we are getting from parish officials and all the mess that Murphy Oil has
caused to the citizens of St. Bernard. We will be having a meeting in the
very near future..(date and place to be announced) to voice all the grief,
and heartache that we have all had to endure with the red tape of COMING
HOME.. This is the only parish in the state that seems to really want to
come home, Hurricane and then an oil spill, second hurricane (Rita)flooding.
Shouldnt this tell everyone in the world that this is the best place to live
that we are climbing unbelievable obstacles and still want to be here. We
dont want handouts from people, we want ANSWERS... and We want DECISIONS
now...not months from now...We want levees that can protect us NOW.. not in
10 years.

I ask you all to write down all that you have endured.,,since the hurricane,
I mean everything...obstacles, to gutting, to deaths in your families, your
evacuation stories everything. Then take pictures of your
homes..today...dated where you are in the process, are you still under 5ft
of debris in your yards, How does your neighborhoods look today???
We will try and get everyone and I mean everyone in this parish to STAND UP
and we will show the world what we are dealing with.
People as near as Metairie and Slidell have no IDEA what we are dealing with
just 15 miles away in St. Bernard.
We dont want sympathy from anyone...
We just want the help that our tax dollars have earned us.

For many years we have sat back and watched many places across the nation
in devestation from weather, mud slides, hurricanes, tornadoes knowing that
within hours Red Cross was their along with National Guard troops, United
Way and other organizations were there to help.
We should believe that would happen because we have given our fair share to
these organizations for over 25 years. Why should we have any less help
along the way then others in our nation!

Because we built on land below sea level???
If the government let the land be sold and built on they should be available
to fix the mess now....

We all understand that the devestation is so unbelievably widespread it will
take time but I ask you now..
Where is our National Guard now?
With military help our debris could be picked up and gone, our homes torn
down and with help we really could begin our own rebuilding. Without many
many more here to just help us get rid of the destruction we may never get
to the next step in rebuilding.

Please get your friends and neigbors pass this on to them wherever they may
be,,,even if they never plan to return...we need to hear from them.. we will
YELL so loud about our problems that they will get tired of hearing from us
and know they need to help.

We are tired of living this "Never ending Nightmare".
Please pass to every congressman, congresswoman, any organization you have
an email for,....We need help and now.. Seven months is LONG ENOUGH.

In less than a month our children will be out of school and playing in the
neighborhood streets. Along with the rats, mice, and snakes that are
spawning in the piles of debris...Will it take one child to die or be
injured from a rat bite to clear away this mess once and for all.. The grass
on our properties are already standing in most places at least 2 feet tall.
We cant even cut the grass because of the debris on the lawns...
So please send this along with your letters and pictures of your homes today
7 MONTHS later to everyone you know, so that they may feel a little of your
anger and maybe just maybe someone will hear us and HELP US ALL.

May God Bless us all in St. Bernard!