[StBernard] Truth/rumor?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 12 23:35:01 EDT 2006

Indeed Donna, I agree with your comment. I would have a strong preference
and loyalty to whoever opens up first, be it the Billiot bros, if they get
financing, or whomever. But I'll add one caveat...as long as they have
quality meats. I can truthfully say that, imho, Winn-Dixie had the best
meats compared to Sav-a-Center. I also made the mistake once of purchasing
"ground sirloin" at Nicosias. My God, the stuff looked like it was being
deep-fried in the skillet. I didn't only want to drain it after cooking,
but also wanted to squeeze it to get the grease out! Yeech!

My Dad and I used to "discuss" Sav-a-center" versus WD. He'd say
Sav-a-center is cheaper. I'd say WD has better beef and other meats. We
finally came to an agreement of getting whatever, whomever was using a
loss-leader for the week, but the meats would come from WD. LOL! Oh my,
he's been gone now for almost 4 years and still miss him tremendously as do
all those who knew him.

Jim

Jim-
I agree. Not only will they have a monopoly, but I am sure that most
of the
customers will continue to be loyal to whomever opens first, even
when they
have competition from another grocery store.
I know I'd be fiercely loyal to anyone who opens in the parish.
-Donna