[StBernard] Advertising Rates

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 13 18:34:23 EDT 2006

I've finally worked out advertising rates as follows:

Single day isolated email: $5.00
Only one company per day will allowed to send out an ad.
Subject line will read Company name - Advertisement
HTML messages will be allowed, but I reserve the right to drop the format if
it becomes too cumbersome.
Message will include the normal header/footer that is in every email which
may include a text ad from another company, see weekly sponsorship below.

Weekly sponsorship:
Header $25, Footer $15
Plain text ad only.
Maximum three lines of 80 characters (a space counts as a character)
Is placed in header or footer of every message that is sent out for one
week.
Week will run from Monday - Sunday.

AskWestley.com Web site ads:
Text ad: $25
No more than five will be accepted at one time.
Ads will be displayed for four weeks, Monday - Sunday is a week.
Placement will be first come, first serve, based on date payment received.
Ads are limited to four lines total.
Standard punctuation, capitalization, no more than one exclamation point,
which cannot appear on the title (first) line. No repetitive words. Proper
grammar and correct spelling.
Title line is limited to 25 characters. Description lines (lines 2 and 3)
and display URL (bottom line) are limited to 35 characters.
Ads will be stacked on right sidebar of website between the GEOURL button
and the search box.
Context ads, placed by Google at top and inside of articles will continue to
appear.

Graphic ad: $50
No more than one will be accepted at one time.
Ads will be displayed for four weeks, Monday - Sunday is a week.
Placement will be first come, first serve, based on date payment received.
Ads will be mini skyscraper (120 x 300 pixels).
Ads must be 50k or smaller, clear and recognizable. Text must be ligible.
I reserve the right to refuse low quality or blurry ad images.
Only .JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, or .PNG ads images will be accepted.
Ads must be family friendly.

Coming soon, if I can get the programming worked out.
Map placement: $25
One time fee to have a marker placed for your St. Bernard address
on my Google Map of St. Bernard:
<http://www.askwestley.com/DemoFinder.html>

Marker will be in a different color to represent a business.
Marker tag can include name, address, phone number, web site, and email
address.

Map center and zoom: $50
Includes map placement. Adds company name to sidebar.
Will allow viewer to click on name and have map move to show company
location in center of map with marker tag displayed.

Over the past three months, once I segregated my AskWestley traffic from my
other web sites, I have averaged 100 visits per day with 680 pages per day.
This means every visitor to the web site has viewed 6-7 pages before
leaving.

The numbers may not be high, but they are extremely high in the St. Bernard
Parish resident target audience. Most of the search terms people are using
to find the site involve the phrases "St. Bernard", "Murphy Oil", "Hurricane
Katrina", EPA, DEQ, "oil spill", etc.

For those that are interested, please send me an email with any questions
you might have.

I expect to be able to start doing the email ads by next weekend. Web site
ads probably won't start until June.

Westley