[StBernard] Reasons like this

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 15 18:35:24 EDT 2006

A friend of mine in Texas sent me this today. It's reasons like this we
aren't getting the proper help and assistance we need. Once again, the good
have to suffer for the bad. It's become embarrassing and a disgrace.
Jo Senko

****************************
This past weekend FEMA and the City of Austin , along with the Texas
Workforce Commission setup a job training/hiring/interview/job fair for all
the Katrina FEMA evacuees in the Austin area to be held at the ACC campus on
Webberville Road in East Austin .

Several of the evacuees said they had no transportation to get from the
apartment complexes. So the city of Austin/FEMA/TWC set up transportation
for each of them to ensure they would be able to partake of the benefit of
job searching. The transportation consisted of nine buses and vans, to run
from four locations in Round Rock, and five locations in Austin, in
continuing shuttles back and forth to the campus to ensure that the hundreds
of people looking for jobs would be transported in comfort.

The vehicles were brought to their residences; drivers knocked on the
doors; and every effort was made.

At the end of the day, the nine vans and buses transported a total of
one person. Not one person per bus - one person total.

At the end of the day, none of the Katrina Evacuees applied for any of
the jobs. Not one person took employment - NONE total.

The bill to FEMA was $7800.

And yet they still get on TV claiming that the United States Government
"OWES THEM", I say we don't owe them anything and if anything, they OWE us -
the Tax Payers that are "WORKING PEOPLE", they owe what they have been
mooching off of the Tax Payers for almost a year now. It is obvious that
they don't intend to work as long as they can sponge off of the system. It
is time to cut them loose and tell them the free ride is over!

PS - Pass this along to everyone you can if you agree that we don't owe
them ANYTHING !