[StBernard] TP article today "Rats Arrive on KATRINA'S Coattails, Mississippi town seeks expert help"

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 22 22:19:04 EDT 2006

Bay St. Louis, having a rough time with rats. Mayor asking council to
approve financing to install bait stations. Seems that the traps aren't
working with the large packs and there are no cats since the storm to assist
in keeping down the packs. States that these rats are fearful and don't run
away from you. "I'm sure that it was over a hundred, you can just sit there
and watch them"

Craig, are we looking at this issue. I know that mention of rat infestation
has been addressed on this digest before related to our children being out
of school for the summer and plaiying outside,. Has the council or whatever
parish department in charge of "rat infestation" developed a plan of attack
before our parish gets into the same condition as Bay St. Louis in Old Town?

jdolese