[StBernard] how many houses are gutted

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 30 08:56:28 EDT 2006

ghee,
I wonder how many family and friends o

I am sure there are more houses gutted than on the parish list as gutted.
We never signed up on the list but did it ourselves, driving three hours
each way on available days, had a group of church volunteers for a few hours
one day to help, and it was certainly moving much faster with so many extra
hands, but that was one day. We already had the heavy stuff out (sofa, pool
table, fridge, freezer) and had just about enough of sifting and salvaging,
so the volunteers could just throw out stuff. They still found more to
salvage and put it on the side for us to check through it. AFter they left,
we spent only a few more days finishing the gutting and pulling nails, then
power washing etc.

I am getting away from the subject. Sorry.
I am still referring to the church groups, but dont really have a count as
to how many they did, and that is just the Lutherans. There are also other
groups, Samaritan purse, Assembly of God and many others I see around
mucking and gutting. I wonder if some of those left on the parish list to be
gutted are already done by other groups and the homeowner did not yet let
the parish know to take them off the list? That would cut down the parish
list possibly to a more workable one. Just wondering.

Gaby