[StBernard] FEMA Funds

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 12 21:14:46 EDT 2006

Well it seems me and mine get messed over, no matter what we do. The fema
guy came out and told us that because both my daughters lived with me and
paid rent they had to go as a separate family. They both had a daughter and
they filed their own income tax. At first they gave me and one of my
daughters the 2000.00 the other received nothing. Then the daughter who
receive nothing, after months of fighting finally in two payments received
almost 5000.00 . The daughter that received the first 2000 was told to give
it back, so now she has to make payments to the government. Can you imagine
our government telling this to a single mom with a child. Her X husband was
displaced and out of work too,so the child support was not coming in so this
2000.00 was a big help. Now she has to pay it back. I received the first two
thousand and the twenty three something but this does not add up to 5200.00.

Sue

Syl, she didn't get $60,000.she told me she lives with her boyfriend & two
children, both teenagers. They both filed for FEMA assistance, each with a
child. they got the $5,200. each, plus money for possessions, totaling over
$20,000. when combined. They have an agreement with someone to buy his home
as is for $60,000., investing $20,000. in the repair now< and the balance
with their LRA money....