[StBernard] Debris Clean-up

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jul 11 20:21:18 EDT 2006

Craig:

After eight long weeks Murphy finally spent this past Friday, Saturday, and
Sunday removing the piles of debris on the neutral grounds in Corinne
Estates. Although a number of us made telephone calls and forwarded
correspondence to Murphy, I have no doubt that somehow or another you were
involved. Thank you.

Please clarify one issue for me: In speaking with one of the supervisors I
asked why the debris on the neutral grounds was removed, but the debris in
front of several homes was left standing. The initial response was that it
was not related to the removal of storm related debris, but instead, was
part of the rebuilding process and therefore was not contaminated and would
be picked up by the parish. When I pointed out that the debris was, in
fact, from gutting the home he then said that they were instructed to only
remove debris located on the neutral grounds.

So that we can correctly communicate to the residents in Corinne Estates, am
I correct in stating that any debris placed in front of someones home
between the sidewalk and the street is the proper method of insuring that
the debris is removed? Also, is it true that all "rebuilding debris" is now
being picked up by the parish rather than Murphy?

At this point the neighborhood is rebounding quickly and I hate to see the
debris become an issue again. Is is possible to place "NO DUMPING" signs
along our neutral grounds? Hopefully this will serve as a reminder. Now
that the homes are gutted there is no reason why everyone in the
neighborhood can't place their trash in containers or in front of their
homes, nor is there any reason why Murphy or the parish (whomever is
responsible) cannot retrieve debris on a regular basis (2-3 weeks, for
example).

Thank you for your continued assistance.

John