[StBernard] blighted list

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jul 14 22:21:52 EDT 2006

JFR,
I agree with your response. The set deadline is having a positive effect on
the Parish. I see more people gutting houses that have been sitting there
with nothing done for the last 10 months.

My husband and I work all week long at full-time jobs and then work the
weekends on our house. We don't have the extra money it takes to fix our
house with contractors, etc., so we are doing all of the work ourselves. We
are just as financially strapped as most of the people who complain about
the deadline that has been set.

If it were me who was not coming back, I would think of my neighbors living
next to, across the street from, or behind, the mess I am not willing to
tackle and at least clean my yard and keep the grass cut. I was living up
north and still drove down to take care of the things I needed to take care
of before I came back home.

I understand that people are still dealing with our devastation emotionally
and can't seem to do what is needed to be done because of depression, but
then I would ask friends, family, or neighbors to please help me out. I
would not just do nothing. The very least that could be done is maintenance
of the yard. There are a couple of houses around me that have not even been
touched since the storm. It's almost a year guys, at least clean the part
of the yard that everyone else has to look at.

I am glad that the parish has set the deadline and I really hope they
enforce it.

BDM