[StBernard] St. Bernard officials' exodus goes on

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jul 15 23:49:10 EDT 2006

It's quite interesting that no one's laid mention about the parish losing
Gary Huettmann, the Economic Development Director for the parish last month
with his resignation. So much politics going on that I can understand why he
left. He was and is a brilliant leader. Although he had a steep mountain to
climb to bring business to St. Bernard Parish (probably because of
non-egress/vacinity <8 miles away> to an interstate system,
low-per-capita-income of our citizens and adjacent to lots of crime in New
Orleans), his devotion and expertise amazed me. Although there are some who
may disagree with my opinion here, he did more than his best. They let him
get away. Yet, no mention of him because he didn't have that type of
position in government. Just wanted to recognize his contribution for
helping bring in some nice business and more was on its way, prior to
Katrina.

Anyhow, as the guillantine drops, more heads will roll. Who's next? (the mad
dash will come in 2007 as the main parish election approaches), and my guess
to replace Mr Roddie, might be Craig or Joey Difatta <who does the public
say would be a good leader: one untarnished, non-corrupted,
not-in-it-for-da-take, and would work with the council and not challege them
<as Mr. Dean does <geez, how long is this old man going to butt heads?>

... A power struggle, unless one bows away gracefully, knowing he cannot
win. Other than that, again..who's next to go?

==jer==