[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - July 6

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jul 17 01:38:45 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Thursday, July 06, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

Dave Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 25

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Mike Hunnicutt.
1. Will be looking into mobile home group sites with the number of trailers
that are eligible for the number of sites on that property. We lost our
original papers in Katrina of each trailer park site for the number of
spaces that are eligible.
2. I have rescheduled a second meeting at FEMA'S request. The meeting will
be held on July 15, 2006 this is for the public to ask any insurance or
elevation questions.
3. I would like to thank the fire department for putting up the flag on
Paris Road but we have a problem with the pulley.
4. Today at the Council meeting we have two items on the agenda one will
discuss the time limit for the vendors that are selling goods on the streets
and the second streamlining of the demolition process.
Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
1. We are waiting to hear if we can start demolition in the Murphy oil spill
area and the expanded area.
2. The Complex building will be working on the A/C and elevator.
3. Our water throughout the parish is safe for drinking.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition still on going but slow due to the rain in the past few days.

2. We will build pads for the water drainage for rainy days at the dump
site.
3. We will be working on demolishing homes without having to move the FEMA
trailer from the property.

Recovery: David Dysart. Not present

Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. The trailer issue for the pilot program should wrap up this week.
2. We will start reporting on the LRA program and will be meeting again with
the mitigation program.
3. There are several contractors working on getting the FEMA trailers
removed for those residents who are not in need of it any longer.

Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. The Shoe Depot open last Friday on Judge Perez at their same location
before Katrina.
2. Alltel opened on July 1, in the 1800 block of Judge Perez.
3. Discount Tire now opened at their same location.
4. The business list is updated often on our website at www.sbpg.net

Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister. Not present.

Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. We enjoyed our trip to Baton Rouge to represent our Parish for the Chef
John Folse taping that will be aired in September.
2. Today is the LRA meeting with Governor Blanco at Jackson Barracks for
9:30 a.m.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner.
1. We are still having some problems with the canals draining. Also pump
station # 7 still getting a lot of marsh grass in the pumps.

Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci
1. We are trying to get a fourth MD to rotate for others who are out.
2. We are taking X-rays at the 22K building but not yet able to have a blood
lab, but we do have a one day turn around with an office in Baton Rouge.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff=s Office. Pete Tufaro
1. We had a quiet weekend.

Fire Department: Warren Drewes
1. We had the lighting strike at Murphy and that was successfully handled.

2. We had 22 EMS calls and a grass fire in Yscloskey.

Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle.
1. We have moved our office from the Vo-tech center to our regional office
and EPA is moving in with us at this location.

EPA: No Report
Murphy Oil: Karl Zornes
1. A total of 349,000 cubic yards of debris have been picked up to date.

Parish Government:
Council: Lynn Dean. Not present.
Parks and Recreation: Ronnie Neal
1. Baseball games will continue on Saturday.

External Affairs: No report.
Finance: Geremie Loupe. Not present.
Personnel: Kevin Clark. Not present.
Insurance: Mike Wiltz. Not present.
Long Term Recovery: Marvin LeBlanc. Not present.

General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, July 10, 2006, at 8 a.m.