[StBernard] Title Release

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 20 22:28:15 EDT 2006

We paid off the mortgage on our house in June 2005. We had not gone to the
St. Bernard courthouse to have the lien removed on this house before
Katrina. The paid off note was one document we did not take with us as we
evacuated and it was destroyed/lost in the flood. The St. Bernard Clerk of
Court, Lena Torres, is making us jump through hoops to get this lien removed
from this property, even though we can provide lots of documents that prove
that the mortgage was paid off.

In short, you will have to bring the document that shows that you have paid
off this mortgage before you can get a clear title. Hope you luck in
getting this done in appropriate time.

KPM