[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - July 31

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Aug 1 02:18:47 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, July 31, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 23

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.
Community Development: Gina Hayes.
1. Just returning from training last week. Nothing to report.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
Curry reports:
1. Demolition still on going.
2. Will start picking up in the original Murphy oil spill area once we get
the e-mail/approval from Fema.
Recovery: David Dysart.
1. Nothing to report at this time.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro. Not present.
Business: Charles Ponstein. Not present.
Private Non-Profit: Judy Hoffmeister. Not present.

Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. The Home Expo event that was held Saturday was well attended and the
Council is considering doing this once a month for the residents.
2. Going to Baton Rouge with Bill Hyland to retrieve list of historical
properties here in the parish.
3. Working on our one year anniversary event for August 29, 2006.

Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci.
1. Reported seeing 85 to 110 patients a day at the clinic and would like to
get the word out that we are open 7 days a week. Not sure the residents
realize they are open on Saturday and Sundays.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.

Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro.
1. Reports response time is under five minutes.

Fire Department: Leon Lea.
1. We had 43 EMS calls since last Thursday.
Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Jim Wallwork. Not present.
Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. Parish baseball and softball season ended this past weekend.
General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday, August 3, 2006, at 8 a.m.