[StBernard] planning commission to hear oil drilling case

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Aug 3 20:55:28 EDT 2006

Deb, one thing citizens should know is if there is oil around/under their
own properties before the relinquish the rights of their properties, whether
it be through a need to sell, mitigate or have properties liened/overtaken.

How does the drilling affect the neighborhoods, since it appears that
drilling is imminent and if oil/gas is found at that location, would there
be subsequent exploratory drilling in residential neighborhoods to determine
if the same is located in local neighborhood communities? People are asking
if these rich deposits would at some point affect them positively or
negatively because of the drilling?

By the way, in my opinion, Katrina HAS changed so much. The government is
broke, possibly geared toward a bailout since funding is going south/and or
waste has not been trimmed. Considering a possibility of minerals, etc.
exists in our area, a NEED exists to suppliment St. Bernard if it is to
recovery properly and/or offer services equal or beyond our former
existence. Population is determined upon people coming back to support. If
it does not meet that challenge, fewer services will exist and a smaller
footprint in population will occur.

Thanks

-=jer=-