[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - 14 August

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Aug 19 23:43:13 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, August 14, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 22

Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.
Community Development: Ed Hinyub
1. Reports continue issuing permits. David Peralta said he will have a
security guard in that office starting today.
Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
1. The transfer site on Paris Road has been open to residents Monday-Friday.

Curry reports:
1. The parish administration has signed the Fema letter regarding the CCA
debris for URG to pick up the debris.
2. We will start to pick up tree debris on right-of-ways (between the street
and their sidewalk) and demolition on-going.
3. We are opening our debris complaint trailer today Monday-Friday, 8:30
a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office will be located in the information trailer
behind the Government Complex building.
Recovery: John Rahaim
1. August 25, the Marine Corps will be bringing in over 325 volunteers to
gut homes throughout the parish.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Trailers are being moved now and being demobilized, deliveries are still
slow.
2. Tomorrow night we have a council meeting and we do expect it to be a
long meeting starting at 7:01 p.m.
Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. We are still working on the Shell Beach Katrina Memorial site for the
one year Anniversary August 29, the cross is completed. We will have 146
names with 6 missing names at the site.
2. A meeting is scheduled for Saturday at Nunez Community College sponsored
by LRA with over 600 people in attendance. Expecting many questions answered
on different issues for LRA.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall
1. Wednesday Newsweek will be coming to tour the parish and looking for
stories from a few residents.
Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci.
1. Reports seeing patients on Saturdays but Sundays are still very slow
mainly he believes they do not realize the clinic is open on Sunday's.

EMS: Janie Fuller. Not present.
Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro. Not Present.

Fire Department: Armand Buuck
1. We had 32 EMS calls since Thursdays' meeting. He reported a small
structure fire and two auto accidents.
Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle. Not present.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes
1. Murphy Oil continues to clean homes.

Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. We have 6 projects in the works for the recreation department with the
different parks and gyms in our parish. I will have more details later this
week.
General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday, August 17, 2006, at 8 a.m.
The week of August 21-25, 2006 channel 6 will be airing the news live from
here in different areas of the parish.