[StBernard] [LANDRIEU] A Letter from Sen. Landrieu

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Aug 25 22:26:05 EDT 2006

***** TV INTERVIEW ALERT *****

August 25, 2006

Dear Friends,

Yesterday, I embarked on a week-long "Hope and Recovery Tour" to
commemorate the lives and loss taken from us by the two most destructive
hurricanes in American history. But we must also look to the future and
focus attention on critical issues affecting the state's coastline, economic
development and hurricane and flood protection.

On Sunday, August 27, I will appear on ABC television's This Week
with George Stephanopoulos to discuss the rebuilding effort in Louisiana
nearly one year after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita devastated our state and
to discuss necessary steps for recovery. Please check your local television
listings for the channel and time information in your area.

On the first day of the tour, I launched a National Preparedness
Petition, which asks key government leaders for a new national commitment to
improve preparedness and hometown protection so that the nation is fully
equipped for future natural disasters and terrorist attacks. Please visit
my website, http://landrieu.senate.gov <http://landrieu.senate.gov/> , to
sign the petition, addressed to President Bush, Secretary of Homeland
Security Michael Chertoff, FEMA Director David Paulison, the Army Corps of
Engineers and Members of Congress. With you, I want to send them a strong
signal that the first priority of our government must be the protection of
the American people.

Throughout the "Hope and Recovery Tour," I am regularly updating a
travel diary, exclusively on BayouBuzz.com, posting entries about the events
that I am attending along the way. Please click on
http://landrieu.senate.gov <http://landrieu.senate.gov/> to take a look at
my experiences from the trip. You can also find entries by other officials
that have joined me on the tour.

We hope you can join us this Sunday on This Week with George
Stephanopoulos.

With warmest regards, I remain

Sincerely,

Mary L. Landrieu