[StBernard] Anyone heard anything about this?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 15 22:23:57 EDT 2006

How many of you found out directly from your State
Farm Agent of this change. Probably not many. Ask
yourself why not.

It appears that they are "good neighbors" to only
those they chose to be. Is there more of a chance for
wind/hail damage in those areas south of I12. I
believe most of the wind damage was north of the lake,
not south. I'd also like to know how much money State
Farm paid out less flood since they are being
compensated by the government on those claims.

What's more disturbing is that they appear to be
"tieing" writing homeowners policies to only those
people that have automotive policies with them. I
know that in other industries, this pratice is
illegal.

The insurance commissions unwillingness to represent
us in this cause in a great disappointment. Remember
that we have an election for insurance commissioner in
the near future. I wonder how the candidates feel
about this issue.

Between the dealings with FEMA, SBA, Blanco and now
State Farm the only thing that keeps us going is our
willingness to go home.

Howard