[StBernard] U.S. Senator David Vitter Discusses Katrina Recovery in Endorsement

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 28 20:40:26 EDT 2006

Craig Romero U.S. Congress

Dear proud St. Bernard citizen,

Our Senator David Vitter recently said, "I strongly support Craig Romero for
Congress. He has the background to be super effective on coastal
restoration, hurricane protection and to provide a full recovery from the
storms. Craig will uphold our conservative, Louisiana values - not support
Washington liberals."

Senator Vitter knows we need a strong Congressman working for south
Louisiana in Washington if we are going to fully recover from the storms. I
am glad to have his support.

Please take just a moment to watch Senator David Vitter talk about why this
election is so important:

Click here to watch Senator Vitter using Windows Media:
http://www.craigromero.com/video/VITTER.wmv

Or, click here to watch Senator Vitter using Mac Quicktime player:
http://www.craigromero.com/video/VITTER_001.mov

Make sure your computer speakers are turned up so you can hear Senator
Vitter clearly and please give the video time to load.

As a Louisiana State Senator for the last 14 years and a Parish President
who helped my own Parish fully recover from Hurricane Andrew, I know the
hard work that must be done to help us fully recover from Katrina and Rita.

I have served as a member of the Senate Committee on Coastal Restoration and
Flood Control. I am the former Chairman of the Louisiana Senate Natural
Resources Committee and when I am not in the Senate I work as a consultant
and employee to a number of companies who create good jobs in the oil and
gas services industry.

I was personally active in helping with storm recovery after Katrina struck
and I am looking forward to working on making sure St. Bernard Parish and
every Parish fully recovers from both Katrina and Rita.

Our current Congressman has spent more of his time holding press conferences
and pointing the finger at FEMA than doing the work necessary to ensure that
we fully recover. Pointing fingers does not solve problems. I promise you
that I will go to work on day one to get the job done.

I will work to protect our coast, fully recover from the storms, keep our
good paying jobs in south Louisiana, ensure our nation is safe from
terrorism, protect social security, stop illegal immigration, lower our
taxes, and improve education for all children. I will always, always, work
to protect traditional family values. I have a 100% pro-life record. As a
father to seven children, I understand how important it is to protect our
values.

I hope you will take the time to learn more about my campaign.

This election is critical to south Louisiana's ability to fully recover from
Rita and Katrina.

I look forward to serving as your next Congressman. I will fight for you in
Washington. I appreciate your support and your vote in the November 7
election.

Sincerely,

Craig Romero
Republican Candidate for the United States Congress

P.S. If you would like to learn more, please visit my website at
http://www.craigromero.com <http://www.craigromero.com/> .