[StBernard] MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING - Sep 25

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Sep 29 21:03:31 EDT 2006

MINUTES OF OPERATIONS BRIEFING
Monday, September 25, 2006, 8:00 a.m.

David Peralta, Chief Administrative Officer

Present: 24
Emergency Operations: Larry Ingargiola. Not present.

Community Development: Gina Hayes.
1. We expect to get a lot more people in once the stickers go out on houses
for involuntary demolition.

Public Works and Water and Sewer: Chris Merkl.
1. We had a meeting with URG, looking at the extra houses we will get coming
with the October 15, deadline. All houses need to be demolished by December
31, in order to be paid by Fema.
2. We are pulling water meters on houses with no occupancy or which have not
paid their water bills.
Curry reports:
1. We are getting some right of entries from the Murphy Oil spill area and
will be working on those.

Recovery: John Rahaim. Not present.
Public Assistance:
Residential: Craig Taffaro.
1. Last week the Council passed an ordinance regarding the rental law.
2. We also will be taking up the issue about Village Square for
redevelopment.
3. Saturday the Hilltop group that is handling the gutting project for the
elderly/handicap will have a day for those residents to sign up or sign up
again if they were on another list and never got cleaned.
4. Murphy Oil will have a meeting today with Judge Falon about the oil spill
and a press release will be after the meeting.
Business: Charles Ponstein.
1. This morning McDonalds open to the public at 5:00 a.m. The operational
hours will be from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. for inside dining and the drive
through will be open 24 hours a day.
2. Breaux Mart plans to open next week at the beginning of the week.
3. We are contacting the businesses in the parish that have not gutted nor
cleaned their building. We are also advising them that their property will
be stickered for involuntary demolition.
Volunteers: Gidget McDougall.
1. We received a grant for the amount of $200,000 for tourism. This way we
can get our museums back up and running.
2. The Chalmette Battlefield is now open.
Agriculture/Wildlife and Fisheries: Ricky Melerine. Not present.
Lake Borgne Basin Levee District: Bob Turner. Not present.
Medical: Dr. Bryan Bertucci.
1. We are still attending meeting about getting a hospital here in the
parish.
2. On October 3, 2006 the clinic will have an ultrasound equipment
installed.
EMS: Janie Fuller.
1. Acting on all calls we receive.
Public Safety: Sheriff's Office. Pete Tufaro.
1. Answering all calls that come into the Sheriff's office.
2. We starting work on our sub station on Paris Road and plan on having
that opened by the end of the year.
Fire Department: Not present.
Environmental Issues:
CDC and DEQ: Wayne Desselle.
EPA: Not present.
Murphy Oil: Carl Zornes. Not present.

Parish Government:
Parks and Recreation: John Metzler, Jr.
1. This Saturday the games began with 300-400 children with Soccer games
that will be held at Vista and Rebel Park.

General Information:
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, October 2, 2006, at 8 a.m.