[StBernard] Village Square

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 30 19:34:31 EDT 2006

Khaki,

I share your concerns about what businesses are returning and which are
waiting. Unfortunately any momentum that we had before the storm, has been
very difficult to get back on tract. Also keep in mind that the zoning
regulations approve a set of type of businesses. I have objected to the
original plan and will follow this- the planning commission allowed the
entire tract to be zoned commercial, even though it goes well into a
residential area. The agreement on record with the council will be that
there will be a rezoning with the new owner to undue this.

There is a business trailer that is working on business development- if you
have some time, please stop by and see how you may be able to get involved
in some of the recruitment efforts- there is a great deal to do, yet.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig