[StBernard] Rental policy called discriminatory

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 30 19:36:33 EDT 2006

Craig:

I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not and I won't accuse you of
that because I know it's very hard to tell a person's tone in their writing.

If I offended you, I apologize, because you have been one on the council
that has been logical, rational, and clear. But, I still do, respectfully
disagree with your vote on this issue. As I stated before, I understand it
and would be torn if forced to vote on the issue. I do not envy you guys
for some of the decisions you have to make. I know I am fortunate in that
through hard work and determination I have put myself in the position to in
the short term leave until I see what happens. For me, that is the best
thing I can do for my family now. As far as running for office, again, I do

not know if you are being sarcastic or not, but... no thank you. You may
think I am kidding, but I did consider it a year or two before the storm and

may have done it had this not happened. Now, I know what you are probably
thinking... "What a cop out. If you have so many great ideas, come and try
to put them in motion." The problem as I see it is not with the council
members, but those higher than you guys. I'm not inclined to fight a few
local political machines that have been in place for many years and have
used this tragedy more for personal gain than to help the citizens of St.
Bernard. Lastly, I hate to mention this because it more comes off as me
defending myself, but I still have one foot in the parish and am involved
and I know you know in what capacities.

I appreciate your comments and again apologize to you if I upset you.
Good Luck!

Tony