[StBernard] wireless internet and Christmas VBS

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 1 23:09:55 EDT 2006

HI y'all

I FINALLY got the wireless internet working from my house, after many trials
and problems.
Thanks Janet, it is because of you I even got to try. I told them you had it
working outside their coverage area and they agreed to give us a trial. So,
after a faulty modem and messed up settings, I am ONLINE again.

(On my daughter's computer with my settings, as her settings wont open the
emails, and my machine cant connect, probably because I use it on so many
differentnetworks at work places, too much stuff on there)

Anyways, it is good to be able to read westley list in peace again, not
between work duties when able.

The coverage is supposed to end in Meraux, we are at the beginning of Violet
and it works. THought I let y'all know.

An early announcement: GETHSEMANE LUTHERAN CHURCH is planning on a Christmas
VBS, a one day event, to be held Friday December 22. Yes, the building ought
to be closed in way before then, air conditioned (or heated if needed) and
all. Pastor Jim has been busy arranging for and coordinating all kinds of
work. We should get walls in October as a crew is coming to hang sheetrock.

Anyways, the Christmas VBS is usually a very popular event for the kids and
also for the parents at it gives them a 6 hour block to do cleaning,
cooking, shopping, or just relaxing, a couple days before the greatest
birthday party.

Will have more details later, but we are committed to have this event going
on again on an annual basis, starting THIS year.

Gaby