[StBernard] VOTE.VOTE

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 22 19:16:22 EDT 2006

A friendly reminder and request...

Please support the millage renewals on the November 7th ballot--especially
the two devoted to the St. Bernard Parish Library. They are RENEWALS of
previously approved millages. The library is dependent on these funds if it
is to return and offer the services it did prior to Katrina. Some of the
many services we provided were reading materials--books, magazines,
newspapers, audiobooks, free internet access, and my personal
favorite--children's activities ranging from preschool storytime,
afterschool storycraft programs, visits to area daycares and preschools,
field trips, school visits, and summer reading programs. Please remember
that all of these services were provided free of charge. Please help us to
return by VOTING YES FOR OUR MILLAGES!

Also, if you have time, it might help if you gave your council member a call
and just let them know that you enjoy being able to visit the library again.
We are currently the only parish in Louisiana not to have a library
operating. I can't help but feel that many people would appreciate being
able to take advantage of the things we offered in the past. We should not
have to depend on other parishes to provide for our library needs.

Thanks,

Janet