[StBernard] UPATE FROM KUWAIT: statement from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 11 16:58:00 EST 2006

UPDATE FROM KUWAIT:
Statement from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Saturday, November 11, 2006

"We arrived in Kuwait yesterday at the invitation of the Kuwaiti government. I am pleased that we have completed a series of meetings with five of the six Kuwaiti Governors and the prime minister. We will meet with the oil minister tonight to further discuss the oil refinery project and Louisiana's interest in bringing that project to our state.

"We will continue our visit with an expected meeting tomorrow with the Emir. I am pleased to have the opportunity to personally engage in these preliminary meetings to demonstrate Louisiana's extraordinary interest in welcoming the first oil refinery built in 30 years in the United States."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org