[StBernard] FOUND IN TRANSLATION

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 29 19:04:24 EST 2006

Ya'll, Please don't condem or have bad feelings of abandonment to those
businesses that located else where. Most of these people are small self
employed business people that have families and children that are dependant
on them as their sole means of support. Self employed people run their
business on a very short profit margin. They are not rich or independently
wealthy and the investment involved to start up from scratch is hugh. They
need a place with a population to support the investment and loan that has
to be made to start up. Don't blame them for putting the welfare of their
family above the welfare of the parish or the welfare of other people that
made their own choice to stay in the parish. As much as the parish was
loved by most of us, family survival and feeding and clothing of their
children and family has to come first. I feel that of course they would
rather be in the parish and have things as they were before, but things are
not as they were before and will not be for a very long time. It's
economics, they need to do what they need to do for their financial
survival. My husband and I had a thriving business in St. Bernard but we
don't feel that the parish in it's present state could support the business,

taking into consideration the large investment that would have to be made.
So we both got jobs and that is how it has to be for now. You made your
decision to stay, respect and let other people make theirs without the guilt

trip. You are thinking of how this is effecting you, but each person has
their own unique situation to consider.

Laurie