[StBernard] Archdiocese

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 28 15:36:13 EST 2006

If it were not for Westley's posting, I would have never known about the St.
Mark statues going north. Although I am glad that they are safe, clean,
secure and being used for their intended purposes (who knows what might have
become of them the way the Arch. left church property), it annoys me that
the Arch never thought to have OLPS put a note in the parish bulletin about
it just to let the Catholics of St. Bernard know how the assets were being
re-distributed.

What happened to the baseball field lights at Hannan that the PARENTS
donated out of their St. Bernard pockets to light the baseball field just a
little while before Katrina? They are gone now, too. Not a word about that
in the Clarion Herald either or OLPS bulletin. I doubt they all blew down
while the older football stadium lights remained. But maybe they'll
re-appear at OLPS!

In the future, I'll donate my time, talent, and treasure to causes that
can't simply take them away with no regard, no respect, and no concern
towards the those who worked so hard to provide physical assets to an
institution. To add further insult, the institution leaves much of its
damaged assets festering in our community for 18 months, as though we like
to be reminded of how much we are cared about.

Archbishop, I'm anxiously awaiting your visit to OLPS in January!

ddk