[StBernard] Dedicated Funds

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 10 10:41:56 EST 2007

Yes, JD, I too believe fountains are beautiful and I spent a great deal of
time kissing and cuddling in front of the one on the lakefront in the 60's
and 70's. <chuckle>

I suppose the point from this perspective is that in happier times, people
seek ways of dispensing with their money in a way that it brings joy to
others. At this moment of the game (recovery), it's hope that's needed to
coincide with funds so desperately needed. If money is indeed earmarked to a
project, it makes one wonder why it's not firstly earmarked to get people
the necessities that's needed primarily. Is it chicken or the egg? No I
believe that it's called, "first, second, third, forth..." etc.

Do we need to build a playground before there's housing? Proper
food/nutrition? Education? And yes, a fountain.<smile>. A fountain would be
a grand idea, if it were filled with hope, LRA money promised, food and
drink (with no water of course flowing) as a lift-up to being where we
should be one and one-half years after our "attack". But, I do get your
point.

--jer--

Dedicated funds:
I'm sure everyone remembers the Mardi Gras fountain and other fountains at
the lakefront. I remember questioning the expenditures at the time they were
built to be told that the Levee Board had funds to spend or lose them so
they built the fountains. jd