[StBernard] Street Lights

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 16 20:44:33 EDT 2007

Hello Craig:

Once again I have to bother you for logic to prevail.

I was happy to see the electricians working on the street lights in the last
two blocks of Corinne Avenue. Unfortunately, instead of replacing the blown
fuse that has caused the outage, they have replaced two blocks of street
lights with yellow, 120 lights. I am not an electrician, but some of my
neighbors are and one specifically told the workers that they were replacing
220 lights with 120 lights, which will never work. They also told them that
there was nothing wrong with the light fixtures, but instead, needed to
replace the blown fuse. Their reaction: they continued to replace them
anyway "because that is what the parish is paying them to do."

I doubt that this is correct. I suspect that the parish is paying the
contractor to fix the problem and get the lights working.

Again, I don't claim to be an electrician, but one of my neighbors in
particular coordinates the installation of our Christmas lights each year
AND contacts Entergy to get the fuses replaced when they occasionally blow
because of the load, and he advised me of this situation.

If Entergy validates that the problem is with a fuse, I hope that parish
government makes this repair crew replace the 120 lights with the original
220 lights (120 is dim), and gets a refund for work that wasn't necessary!

Thanks Craig, for always being responsive.

John Richardson