[StBernard] QUESTION FOR CRAIG

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Mar 21 19:26:04 EDT 2007

Hey Craig,

Speaking of ICC funds, may I pick your brain to see if I get the same answer
twice? I spoke with Mr. O'Malley in the Permits office so I'm pretty sure I
know the answer, but just in case...

In the event of new construction, are there any ICC funds or any other
programs that you are aware of that would aid folks who are willing to
elevate their new homes? In addition to elevating our little project, we
are also planning on using insulated concrete forms instead of traditional
wood framing. We're doing the best we can on our own to try to minimize the
damage should another Katrina happen. Mr. O'Malley said that since it was
'new construction' that we would not be eligible for any assistance. That
figures--no LRA, probably no SBA, and now no ICC. We're just lucky like
that!

Anyway, when you get a chance, please let me know if you are aware of any
programs, funds, etc that we might look into.

Oh, before I forget--will you let us know about the Corp and LRA marches?
My dad was at the meeting, but didn't remember all of the details. I
checked the parish website, but didn't see anything. Please let us know the
where and when details. It seems the more the better.

Thanks,

Janet