[StBernard] Senate District One

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 26 21:52:57 EDT 2007

My take and opinion is that Mr. Boasso should stay put.

Having done for the most part, a good job in District One, he would finish
out his term, then with St. Bernard and St. Bernardians transplanted to St.
Tammany, would place him in position as a favorite by voting there as well.
Why leave his post undone in District One? One reason for a miscue to
governorship is he's quite an unknown to the rest of the state, for the most
part a newcomer to politics (and hence, his continued tenure would help
him), and how general is his platform (Same ole', same ole' politics, etc.?)
His platform begs: "Where's da beef?". Oh, he's got money, but why spend it
needlessly when his strength is clearly St. Bernard and St. Tammany?). And,
geez, what if we get the "wrong" contender to win for da parish? Think
Clearly Walter about this as we head closer. It's not an embarrassment or
disgrace to see where your strength is? Something tells me that Walter by
running for governor is not content on representing a fragment of the parish
that he once was proud about when there was 68,000. It's just foresight but
common sense to see what/why is a way to look at Walter's running. St.
Bernard needs you more now than ever, during its recovery and success in
representing da parish and District One, Mr. Senator.

--jer--

With Walter Boasso leaving Senate District One to run for Governor, here is
my take on the latest gossip of who is going to run for the position.

<http://www.thecanetruck.com/archives/2007/03/senate_district.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2d5lde>

Thanks,
Westley