[StBernard] Relocation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 6 23:25:18 EDT 2007

"So, Jer, are you saying Katrina was sort of like St. Bernard's "tower of
Babel?" Interesting perspective. --John Scurich"

**John, from a biblical perspective, I believe you're referring to a schism
of St. Bernard's populace making deep-seated choices with life-changing
successes and consequences.

If you are using "Tower of Babel" example, you may be referring to
"division" by our Maker. If our Maker lives up to The Lord's Prayer's "Thy
kingdom come, Thy will be done", well-formulated decisions come in 67,000
St. Bernard Citizens who made as many choices on an individual basis.

Since all appear to have been "cursed" by the Lord, the blessings have made
citizens stronger as well. Because of Katrina, I am physically stronger (yet
tired), emotionally challenged to a point that after the crying, I am
heaven-bent to achieve complete recovery at some point with HIS help. I am
also more experienced and knowledgeable do to continued struggles against
governments, insurance companies, etc.

All have experienced losses. Why should anyone living around the parish or
beyond not be included in the grand scheme of things--meaning that we all
have the same type of struggles of survival, even though some had more
insurance, others had a second house somewhere, had no job loss or were
fortunate to have money in the bank beyond their loss?

There is absolute truth in the jingle, "home of the free and the brave"
because our people still experience freedom and are non-the-less brave for
their action no matter which decision they took in their quest to survive
and recover.

In my experience, I put my entire life before God by seeking total
dependence on Him. I couldn't have done it on my own. The event was just too
big to face alone.

Regards,

--jer--