[StBernard] Road Home Small Rental Property Application Extension

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Jun 25 19:44:52 EDT 2007

THE ROAD HOME SMALL RENTAL PROPERTY PROGRAM EXTENDS ROUND 2 APPLICATION DEADLINE TO JULY 31, 2007

BATON ROUGE, La., June 22, 2007 - The Road Home Small Rental Property program is extending the application period for Round Two to July 31, 2007, in an effort to supply rental property owners more time to complete their applications and allow more applicants to apply to the program.

"This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in applying but still have unanswered questions," said Michael Taylor, director of the Disaster Recovery Unit, Office of Community Development. "We will be providing additional workshops in the coming weeks throughout the storm damaged areas."

Applicants are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities through The Road Home's Outreach Workshops and Application Training Sessions. The Application Training Sessions are held twice daily and offer step-by-step instructions on how to complete an online application. They are offered Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. at Orleans and Jefferson Housing Assistance Centers. These workshops are free, however, participants must contact The Road Home's Call Center at 1.888.ROAD.2.LA (1.888.762.3252) to reserve a seat.

The round extension will also provide those Round One conditional award recipients who have been unable to provide the required information to support their application - and are in jeopardy of losing their award - with a chance to re-apply and get funding in Round Two. All Round One conditional awardees must have their completed packages returned to the program by July 31, 2007 or their award will be rescinded.

"We are also doing everything we can to help Round One conditional awardees get the help they need to proceed with their awards," said Calvin Parker, OCD's Manager for Rental Housing. "We are setting a firm deadline of July 31st for them to supply us with the back-up for their applications and we will be reaching out to all of these folks to make sure they have the assistance they need to meet the deadline. On the other hand, for those Round One applicants who realize that they can not document the answers they gave us, we will be encouraging them to submit modified applications in Round Two."

Any funds that are recaptured from Round One conditional award winners who do not submit their required documentation by the July 31st deadline will be added to the Round Two allocation and redistributed to the application pool.

With this extension, the program is also being opened to additional applicants who may apply for financial incentives. Many owners of town homes and condominiums may now apply for Round 2 funds. It is important to note that these owners must still meet eligibility criteria of "small," one- to four-unit buildings. As with other buildings in the Program, the units must have received severe or major damage from one of the storms and they must have been rental units prior to the storm.

Round Two of the program began on June 5, 2007 and offers up to $300 million in funding. The round will remain open and accepting applications until July 31, 2007. To learn about Outreach Workshops and schedule an appointment for an Application Training Session or for more information on Round Two, visit www.road2la.org/rental <http://www.roadcommunications.com/action.cfm?md=emaillist&task=addMessageClickThru&msgid=238&uid=h%29k%2Fefk3m%27&encoded=1&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eroad2la%2Eorg%2Frental> .

To download The Road Home Small Rental Property Program Extends Round 2 Application Deadline To July 31, 2007 <http://www.roadcommunications.com/action.cfm?md=emaillist&task=addMessageClickThru&msgid=238&uid=h%29k%2Fefk3m%27&encoded=1&redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eroadcommunications%2Ecom%2Fassets%2Fdocs%2Fextension%2520press%2520release%2Edoc> (Word/151k)

###